Open-source intelligence (OSINT)- Osintgram
Since this is the first time, on this blog, that we mention OSINT, here is a brief definition from Wikipedia:
“Open-source intelligence (OSINT) is the collection and analysis of data gathered from open sources (overt and publicly available sources) to produce actionable intelligence”.
OSINT is a used process in Cybersecurity, where a hacker or pentester is gathering information from publicly available sources, about a target.
Osintgram is a tool used to collect, analyze, and run reconnaissance on public profiles only from Instagram. For private profiles, the tool is not working.
Requirements for using it are Python 3.6 and Pip 3 and preferably a Linux Distro. My choice here is Kali Linux. If you do not have installed this already you can do it with the following commands:
sudo apt install python3
sudo apt install python3-pip
First thing we need to do is download Osintgram from GitHub. Here is the exact link. We are going to use git clone command:
git clone https://github.com/Datalux/Osintgram.git
After the download is finished, go inside the config directory of Osintgram and, inside credentials.ini, insert a Instagram account user and password. I recommend using some dummy credentials, not your real account.
Now we can finally start using our tool. Let’s go back to Osintgram default directory and start our script
python3 main.py target_account
If everything is ok your should see this message:
Logged as your_account. Target: target_account.
If you type “list”, on your display, you should have all the available commands:
- addrs Get all registered addressed by target photos
- captions Get user's photos captions
- comments Get total comments of target's posts
- followers Get target followers
- followings Get users followed by target
- fwersemail Get email of target followers
- fwingsemail Get email of users followed by target
- fwersnumber Get phone number of target followers
- fwingsnumber Get phone number of users followed by target
- hashtags Get hashtags used by target
- info Get target info
- likes Get total likes of target's posts
- mediatype Get user's posts type (photo or video)
- photodes Get description of target's photos
- photos Download user's photos in output folder
- propic Download user's profile picture
- stories Download user's stories
- tagged Get list of users tagged by target
- wcommented Get a list of user who commented target's photos
- wtagged Get a list of user who tagged target
Have fun playing with it and don’t forget to use this only ethically!